top of page

European Union seeking Highly Qualified Workers – in High Demand

Updated: Mar 7, 2022

If you are a highly-trained individual, who has the proper university diplomas and work experience, you can come to work in the European Union as a highly qualified worker. You would require university education, the right work experience, and a offer of employment with an above-average salary.

This pathway is available to students, researchers, vocational trainees, and seasonal workers.

Who can come as a Highly Qualified Worker?

Citizens of many countries may apply, but they also have to meet the following criteria

  • Education: At minimum a Bachelor degree or equivalent degree from a UN university or a recognized university.

  • Work experience: Five years or more of work experience in the related field. Often the work experience can substitute in lieu of university qualifications, but most of the time, employers are seeking both work experience and education.

  • Employment offer: You must have an employment contract or employment offer for at least one year in a position that utilizes high qualifications or skills or a job for which there is a shortage of qualified EU citizens

  • Salary: You must have a pay rate that meets the criteria (depending on the country – usually 1.5 times the national average)

  • Health insurance: You must have the required health insurance

Salaries for Highly Qualified Workers

For you to be considered a highly qualified worker, you need to earn a salary at least 1.5 times the national average salary in the country where you will be employed.

For the professionals that are “in shortage”, the salary must be at least 1.2 times the national average. These professions in high demand are considered as such when there is a lack of EU citizens to fill the positions, such as:

  • Mathematics

  • Technology

  • Informatics

  • Medicine

  • Natural Sciences

May I bring my family along?

Yes, you definitely can. You can seek application for family reunification and bring your immediate family to stay with you. For these family members, the visa requirements are more relaxed since they are not required to provide any language proficiency.

Could I travel to other countries?

Yes, you may. With this program, you can travel as a tourist to other EU countries at a maximum of 90 days during a six-month period.

Furthermore, you are allowed to leave the country for up to one year without losing your program status.

Please contact GBlueSea for consultation for this program. We bring success, a bright future, and valuable experience to your journey. Invest in your future now, call our experts quickly, the first journey towards your own dreams.

16 views0 comments


Zalo logo Transp.jpg
VN Phone Number Image 17JUL23.jpg
FN Phone Number Image 17JUL23.jpg
bottom of page